Moving schools can be a time full of excitement and new experiences, but may be challenging for some. Our transition program ensures that students feel prepared and supported.
We invite new families to tour our school and see us in action. During term 1 each year, we hold an Open Night to showcase our school, our student achievements and specialist programs. In addition, you may wish to join one of our Principal’s Tours, which take place throughout the year.
Starting high school
The year 6 to 7 school transition process is managed by the Department for Education. At the end of term 1, year 6 students attending a government school receive a Starting Secondary School transition pack from their primary school, including a Registration of Interest form.
For enrolment in other year levels, or for year 6 students enrolled at a non-government school, please contact us for an enrolment information pack on 8557 0100 or complete the Enrolment Enquiry form.
Key enrolment dates for year 7 students:
- Students receive an information pack and invitation to our Open Night through their local primary school (Willunga, McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat).
- Willunga High School staff visit students at local primary schools.
- Students receive a Starting Secondary School transition pack, including a Registration of Interest form from their primary school.
- Families must return their Registration of Interest form to their primary school, or submit online by Friday 26 May 2023. After this date, you will need to contact your local or preferred government secondary school directly to register your child for year 7.
- Students visit Willunga High School with their local primary school for an orientation and tour.
- Students and families are invited to attend a year 7 family information evening and BBQ in early November.
- Students receive an Enrolment Information Pack from the secondary school they have been allocated to by Friday 11 August, 2023.
- Students visit Willunga High School with their local primary school where they experience subjects at our school.
- Transition dates for all students take place:
Willunga Primary School TBC McLaren Vale Primary School TBC Out of zone and non-government schools TBC McLaren Flat Primary School TBC
- Depending on capacity and availability of places, families on the waiting list will be contacted and offered a place.
- Final out of zone and non-government schools transition
Out of zone and non-government schools – TBC
- Families are invited to attend the year 7 family BBQ and information evening on TBC .
- Students visit Willunga High School with their local primary school for a full day where they meet their home group class and teacher and experience lessons at our school.
|Students from ALL Primary Schools
|Whole School Transition Day
TBA – 9.15am to 1.30pm
Students will need to bring a drink bottle, recess and lunch if they choose not to partake in the BBQ lunch supplied in the Middle School area. Please ensure your child also has a pen to complete the transition passport that will be provided.
Willunga High School zone
Our school zone is a defined area surrounding our school from which we accept the core intake of students. A student’s zoned school is determined according to their primary place of residence.
Students residing within the Willunga High School zone will be enrolled if they apply. For students residing outside of the zone, acceptance is subject to capacity.
Click here for a school finder tool that will help you locate which school you are zoned to based on your street address, making it simpler to see your local school zone.
If you are out-of-zone:
Depending on capacity and the availability of places, we may accept enrolment requests from students outside our zone. You can register your interest to attend our school on the Registration of Interest form by indicating Willunga High School as your ‘Choice 1 School’.
If places are available, selection for entry will be based on:
- distance from your home to our school
- curriculum requirements that cannot be offered at your local school
- social and family links to our school
- transport and location convenience
- compelling reasons which prohibit your child from attending their local school
If you are not offered a place at any of your choice schools, you will be added to the ranked waiting list for the school and offered a place if one becomes available.
If there isn’t a place available at your choice of secondary school you will be offered a place at your local school.
Do I need to put my child’s name down for high school?
Year 6 families do not need to register at their preferred high school, but must return their Registration of Interest form to their zoned primary school, or submit online by Friday 26 May 2023. For enrolments in other year levels please contact us for an enrolment information pack on 8557 0100 or complete the Enrolment Enquiry form.
When will I receive an enrolment pack?
Year 6 students will receive an Enrolment Information Pack from the secondary school they have been allocated to by Friday 11 August, 2023.
How do I enrol if at an Non-Government Primary School?
If I’m on the waiting list, when will I be notified if a place is available at Willunga High School?
Depending on capacity and availability of places, families on the waiting list will be contacted and offered a place at Willunga High School by 20 October 2023.
Can I request a review of placement offers?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your school allocation, you can request a review of the allocation process. Information regarding the review process and timelines will be included in the allocation pack.