An Australian school based apprenticeship (ASBA) allows students to start working on an apprenticeship or traineeship from year 10.
Students working on an ASBA can:
- Commence an apprenticeship while at school in year 10, 11 or 12
- Combine paid employment and structured work-related training within the SACE
- Negotiate a flexible personalised SACE program within our school which allows for employment and training in and outside of school hours
- Count study and placements related to vocational education training (VET) toward their SACE
- Work towards a nationally recognised VET qualification through a registered training organisation (RTO)
- Continue their apprenticeship or traineeship after they have left school, either part-time or full-time.
For more information, visit Australian Apprenticeships
If you’d like to start an ASBA, your first step should be to talk with Ms Vicki Nield, VET / SACE coordinator on 8557 0100.