We regularly welcome students from Japan to join us for short, 12 day Study Tours.
Students are hosted by families within the school and local community, who invite a visiting student to become a part of their family while they’re here. It’s a wonderful opportunity to experience Japanese culture and form friendships that span the world.
Homestay families provide accommodation and meals, transport their student to and from school each day, and provide packed lunches and snacks during the school week. The weekend is free time for students with their host families.
Families receive a generous allowance to support such activities and allow the whole family to explore our beautiful region. You could bake Anzac biscuits together, enjoy fish & chips on the beach, visit a bakery for an Aussie meat pie, tour the Fruchocs factory, explore Monarto Zoo, experience family picnics, BBQs, sports, shopping and more.
Steps to become a Homestay:
- Homestay Application
- Complete the Study Tour Homestay Application form
- Or apply online at internationalstudents.sa.edu.au/StartStudyTourApplication
- Working with Children Check
- All persons over the age of 18 residing in your home are required to have a Working with Children Check (previously a DCSI Screening clearance). If you don’t have a current check, please contact our school and we can initiate the process for you.
- Home visit and interview
- The final step to become a homestay is a visit and interview in your home. We will explain all the Study Tour details and answer any questions that you may have.