Our Governing Council is a great example of the partnership between families and our school, working together to improve the learning outcomes of all students.
Governing Council is the forum where parent, staff, student and community representatives provide support and direction for a range of school activities, including finance, grounds and facilities, uniform and the canteen. The Council meets regularly to talk about the direction for the site. Meetings are held twice a term on Monday evenings, 7.00pm to 8:30pm.
In your role on Governing Council, you may work with the site leader to:
- involve the local community
- develop and approve local policies
- set the broad direction and vision of the site
- monitor and review the site improvement plan
- be the employing authority of some services, including the canteen