Our governing council is a great example of the partnership between families/caregivers and our school, working together to improve the learning outcomes of all students.
Governing council is the forum where parent/caregiver, staff, student and community representatives provide support and direction for a range of school activities, including finance, grounds and facilities, uniform and the canteen. The council meets regularly to talk about the direction for the site. Meetings are held twice a term on Monday evenings 7.00pm to 8.30pm.
In your role on governing council, you may work with the site leader to:
- involve the local community
- develop and approve local policies
- set the broad direction and vision of the site
- monitor and review the site improvement plan
- be the employing authority of some services, including the canteen