Years at WHS
• 1979 – 1983
Journey after School
• After school I participated in sport full time from 1984-1990
• Then commenced University – Degree, Honours, Masters, Doctorate qualifications in Psychology
Sporting & Career highlights
• Represented Australia at 2 Olympics, 1984 Athletics (3000m running), 1988 Cycling (Road Race).
• First Australian woman to represent Australia at back to back Olympics in different sports.
• Represented Australia at 1990 Commonwealth Games.
• Competed in 3 Tour de Frances (female tour) and Tour of Italy Cycling
• Maths & Accounting (as I was not very good at Art or any of the creative subjects)
Favourite School memory
• Spending time with friends at school
Advice for WHS students
• Aim high – “you only fail when you fail to try”
• It is better to have a go and see what you can do, then to be left wondering. You might surprise yourself.